Andrew has an active trial and appellate practice focused on complex commercial litigation. His clients and matters span multiple industries and subject areas. For example, Andrew has represented distressed debt hedge funds seeking to collect over €2 billion owed under defaulted notes issued by private equity funds, hedge fund creditors in an involuntary bankruptcy proceeding seeking to collect €110 million in monies owed under a subordinated debt offering, former employees in a bankruptcy proceeding in connection with over $300 million in claims for unpaid compensation and an international consulting company in a $20 million bankruptcy reorganization in New York, Tunisia and the United Kingdom.
Andrew has tried commercial jury cases as lead and co-counsel to verdict in state and federal courts and has argued appeals, including in the Second Circuit Court of Appeals. In 2014, Andrew played a critical role in securing a $565 million judgment for his clients against issuers of defaulted notes in a lawsuit challenging a dividend recapitalization on fraudulent conveyance grounds. In 2018, Andrew represented creditors in a successful appeal to the New York Court of Appeals that involved novel issues of standing of an indenture trustee and alter ego claims.
Although Andrew’s primary area of expertise is commercial litigation, he also assists clients in corporate matters ranging from equity incentive plans, strategic alliance and joint venture agreements, technology development and implementation, as well as securities regulation and real estate ventures.
Andrew is admitted to practice in the State of New York, the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern District of New York and the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. Andrew is a member of the New York City Bar Association and is a committee member of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee.
- State of New York
- United States Court of Appeals Second Circuit
- United States District and Bankruptcy Courts: Southern, Eastern
- New York City Bar Association, ADR Committee
- Albany Law School of Union University, J.D.
- State University of New York at Albany, B.S., Business Administration
- Recent Trends in Litigation Finance Discovery Disputes
by Andrew R. Goldenberg
New York Law Journal, Published February 2021
- Limits of Out-of-Court Debt Restructurings
by Jared B. Stamell & Andrew R. Goldenberg
New York Law Journal, Published July 2016
- Andrew Goldenberg presents a Celesq West LegalEdcenter CLE program on “Discovery Issues in Litigation Finance” dated March 24, 2021.
- Andrew Goldenberg and Adam Levy present a TitleVest CLE Program on “Real Property Leases, Licenses and Recent Challenges to Well-Settled NY Jurisprudence” dated September 13, 2022